18 December, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

We have had a fabulous day with our extended family Christmas here yesterday! Too much food and wine as usual, but I just love family get-togethers!! We always got together with all the cousins when we were children and my brothers and I have carried on this tradition when we started our own families (over 30 years ago! OMGosh! Seems like such a short time ago!) Some of the children are now overseas, but whoever is in NZ still get-together every year, the week before Christmas Day.



 Thought I would share this decoration, I made, using the Damask Cricut Cartridge. I cut the flourishy part from chipboard, painted it with TH Picket Fence Distress crackle paint and then with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam to give it sparkle (hard to see in the pic) and a bit of Peeled Paint Distress Stain around the edges. I love all the layers you get with the Damask cartridge and I am still in love with dyeing seam binding with Distress stains!! You can match it to anything!!
I am entering this into the Southern Girls 'Let's Celebrate' challenge.

Get the Christmas music cranking, everyone and have fun with all your Christmas preparations!
Sue x





 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on your decoration!

    Thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls Challenge.

    Shell~Alaska♥
    SGC~DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...